2nd Swing Golf--deceptive shipping charges

Albuquerque, New Mexico 1 comment

2nd Swing golf is a large Ebay seller of used golf clubs. It has a standard shipping charge of $14.99 for an item purchased either at auction or at the "buy it now" price.

However, what 2nd Swing does not tell you is that if an additional item is purchased at the same time and shipped in the same package, it charges an additional $14.99 even if it incurs no additional charge by the shipper, usually FedEx.

If you "request" a refund, 2nd Swing will refund 1/2 of the second charge. In effect, it pockets either $14.99 or $7.49 at no additional cost to itself when a customer purchases two items at the same time and they are shipped in the same package.

The listings on Ebay by 2nd Swing are misleading. The additional charge and the possible refund are not to be found under the heading of "shipping charges". Instead, they are found under the heading of "product description" and then under a subheading of "order processing".

When I complained I was given a refund of $7.49. When I continued to complain that the listing was misleading and the practice unfair, I was told that the second item purchased "may" cost the company more to ship and it charges everyone a second shipping charge to cover losses it might incur on some shipments of multiple items.

Comments

jonathanwillfill

I will like you to contact me direct on my email. I have a business proposal to give to your company that will profit you greatly. I await to hear from you soon via my email address.( jonathanwillfill@hotmail.com ), Please get back to me .

Best Regards